Luke and Kerry Madden  

Posted by The Burrow

So, Luke tells me last week that he needs to get the last two books of the series he had been reading (HIS FAVORITE SERIES EVER!). He had read them all from the library but he needed to have them because the author was coming to his school and he really needed to have her sign them. Well Sunday night we went to the book store and they did not carry them. I felt like a schmuck because I waited so long but what could I do. I knew there was a tiny chance that they might be selling them at the school so Monday morning I sent Luke with a check. They didn't have them but one of his teachers knew how important this was to him, and she sold him her copies. So he goes in to have the author, Kerry Madden, sign them and they start talking. Well we all know everybody loves Luke. They hit it off and chatted for quite awhile. She signed all three of the books and she gave him a c.d. of the songs from the book. Not any c.d. a copy she burned for herself. There wasn't even a c.d. case. She then gave him her email address and they have been coresponding for the last two days....Today this is what we got to see and I thought I would share it with you. Click on the link http://mountainmist.livejournal.com/

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Anonymous  

That is just so cool!!

November 11, 2008 at 7:05 PM

this makes me cry!! that is so cute that she wrote all those nice thing and put that picture up on her live journal! he's probably so stoked.

ps: I kind of miss u all alot, I think it's about time jor and I visit.

November 11, 2008 at 9:01 PM

WOOO HOOO!! When ya comin' Coral?

p.s. We kinda miss u all alot too!

November 12, 2008 at 6:19 AM

This might be just a TASTE of the future for Luke, the author of the next great favorite series???
How exciting!!!!!!!!
Seems like HE made an impression on HER too (but of course, who DOESN'T he make a great impression on?)
Love You All!

November 13, 2008 at 8:53 AM

So, I about peed myself when I read Kerry Madden's live journal! I could just see Luke sending her all of his ideas for a fourth book and them being fabulous! He's such a little dear heart.

And it's true... people just love that little guy.

November 13, 2008 at 12:38 PM

YEAH LUKE !!!
I am so happy for him. The perfect child for this to happen to.

November 13, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Post a Comment