What can I say...it's been an emotional ride getting that boy to walk. I am so glad I am not 18 anymore. The indecision, the hormones...etc...etc. No thanks!
I have to say it was a very proud moment for me. Michael had to do this on his own and in the end he pulled it out...well with a little help from Anita Dearing....lol. One thing most people don't know is that Michael's birth parents didn't graduate from high school the normal way and neither did Todd and myself. Todd did get his GED and I finally graduated in 2004. So as you can imagine Michaels feeling pretty good right now.
We had many people here to cheer him on. Colleen (Todd's Mom) Donia and Alli (my sister and neice) Craig and David (Michael's father and Grandfather) plus all of the other kids were there hooting and hollerin'. We took it one step further and Todd made a 16 foot banner that said 'Congratulation Michael' on it. His face was priceless when we all held it up.
As his graduation gift Todd and I are sending him to California for a month. That is what he wanted for his senior trip. He feels that he has some unfinished business to deal with...scary, scary. He was very appreciative of the monetary gifts that he got, that money will keep him eating while he's in Cali. Also, he received a beautiful watch from Grammie and Grampie. It has his name and graduation date on the back. Pretty Sweet!
In the pictures I have posted you will see Michael with his friends that he has had all through his schooling here in Oak Ridge. Especially Cameron...we consider him one of ours.
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, June 9, 2009
at 11:38 AM
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
